Hi Everyone!

Mommachirp

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
I am recently registered and just noticed this forum. Sorry for the late introduction. I have 7 hens (hopefully). I have posted some pics and looks like everyone thinks they are all girls. This is my very first time raising chickens. It has been a great joy so far. I am learning so much. Thanks to these forums and my local feed store!

How it all started: A friend of mine has a barn and she had 40+ hens and 3 roosters. I would go over to help out with socializing them. (Forgive me if my terminology is off. I am brand new to this!) I managed to fall in love with her pets and named them all MY CHICKENS. So, hubby decided to place an order for my own chickens. Little did he know this would keep him busy. Of course, I promised to care for them and be the best mom possible. Now hubby has lots of work with simply putting the coop together. Of course, only the best for my girls! It's turned out to be a HUGE project, but well worth it. The girls have a nice run and beautiful coop and are know referred to as the Beverly Hills Chickens.

It is an amazing experience. Watching them grow at a rapid pace is jaw dropping. I promise you there are times I see them in the morning and by the time I return from work I can tell they have grown. I am having so much fun and this is my new passion. Don't worry the dogs and family still get my attention too! Honestly, they say I appear so much happier now that the girls have joined the family.

My girls are my joy. Thanks for reading.

What a nice introduction, I am glad everything is going well for you and your flock. Hope you will post photos when you have a chance. If you take photos and document your plans you may want to include it in the coops forum. Sometimes, there are also Coop contests through BYC, members vote, and winners get nice prizes.

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Sounds like you're really having fun with your birds!

Welcome mommachirp!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom