Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mommachirp, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Mommachirp

Mommachirp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Peoria, AZ
    I am recently registered and just noticed this forum. Sorry for the late introduction. I have 7 hens (hopefully). I have posted some pics and looks like everyone thinks they are all girls. This is my very first time raising chickens. It has been a great joy so far. I am learning so much. Thanks to these forums and my local feed store!

How it all started: A friend of mine has a barn and she had 40+ hens and 3 roosters. I would go over to help out with socializing them. (Forgive me if my terminology is off. I am brand new to this!) I managed to fall in love with her pets and named them all MY CHICKENS. So, hubby decided to place an order for my own chickens. Little did he know this would keep him busy. Of course, I promised to care for them and be the best mom possible. Now hubby has lots of work with simply putting the coop together. Of course, only the best for my girls! It's turned out to be a HUGE project, but well worth it. The girls have a nice run and beautiful coop and are know referred to as the Beverly Hills Chickens.

It is an amazing experience. Watching them grow at a rapid pace is jaw dropping. I promise you there are times I see them in the morning and by the time I return from work I can tell they have grown. I am having so much fun and this is my new passion. Don't worry the dogs and family still get my attention too! Honestly, they say I appear so much happier now that the girls have joined the family.

My girls are my joy. Thanks for reading.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What a nice introduction, I am glad everything is going well for you and your flock. Hope you will post photos when you have a chance. If you take photos and document your plans you may want to include it in the coops forum. Sometimes, there are also Coop contests through BYC, members vote, and winners get nice prizes.

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Glad to hear things are going well for you. Sounds like you're really having fun with your birds!

1 person likes this.
  4. FrankA

FrankA Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Welcome mommachirp! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]
    Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

1 person likes this.
  6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join. Nice intro, sounds like you are really enjoying your chicken adventure! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.
  8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

I'm glad you're enjoying your chicks! What breeds do you have?[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Mommachirp

Mommachirp Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2015
    Peoria, AZ
    I have Red Stars. They are so sweet. I'm learning they're a very sweet and friendly breed.

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by