Hi Everyone!

jess9375

Chirping
May 18, 2015
Michigan
I just joined BYC today. I'm so excited to be here! My name is Jessica, I'm 39, in Michigan and just bought my first chicks & ducklings on April 29th. So this is a whole new experience for me. We are in the works of building a coop and they currently stay in a wood box. All of them seem happy & healthy except I have concerns with one of my ducklings. I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif

What's going on with the duckling?

Welcome to BYC:frow

What's going on with the duckling?
Hi!! And thank you
1f60a.png

He is breathing rather heavy and sounds congested. I've put him in the bath tub so he can play and clean out his nose good which seems to help some, but the breathing is still heavy. Not sure what to do. It's been going on for about 2 weeks that I've noticed. He doesn't act sick though.

Hi :welcome Jessica

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new chicks and ducklings :celebrate Im afraid I'm not a duck person so not sure really what to advise for your duckling but please do drop by the duck section of the forum for help with the congestion from the other duck keepers there. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks and ducklings in the future. Be sure to ask any questions around the forum there really is a section for everything.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC, Jessica! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your new chicks and ducklings! How many did you get? Do they have names? I've never raised ducks but have always wanted to. Sorry to hear about your one duckling!
hugs.gif
Hope she/he is ok!

Last edited:
I hope folks on the duck thread are able to tell you what he has and how to treat. Respiratory problems can be very contagious. He may have aspirated water or something that is irritating his lungs.

Back
Top Bottom