Hi - first post - New Silkie Help ID?

cosmosue

Songster
Oct 1, 2016
SC
Hello :)

We (my husband and I) have been lurking around we are not very big post people. I wanted a silkie and finally after almost a year we got one! Pretty sure it's a pullet and pretty sure it's partridge color? Not quite sure on age the breeder is rather old and has many many many chickens to care for, said maybe around 3-4 months since hatch date.

She looks like a black with orange ball of fur. Pretty rounded fluff up top, no long "roo" feathers I don't think on head or neck. VERY sweet.

So female partridge silkie, bearded? It is our only one so I only have pics online to compare.

Thank you

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Very cute bird you have there!

She may be a partridge mix, but generally a Par. silkie would look alot more red/orange, even copper-esc.

like so -
b2fb4106_cocoa.jpeg

Im thinking, from experience, a partridge/blue mix.

Regardless, beautiful chook <3

here are some photos of my beautiful silkie birds <3

Dax

Dax

Dax

Yukon

Nugget

Yukon (the day I bought her cute fluffy butt <3)

Ok it is so hard to tell online lol the breeder called her a splash but I couldn't find much pictures of what looked like her. i thought at first was maybe black I don't know honestly I have no clue what color she is lol. Partridge blue sounds good to me, I love her already so I don't care lol

Thanks for your help! She is quite cute!

And you have a chicken named NUGGET! We had a Nugget too but well there was a break in, anyway we don't have her any longer but glad to see another Nugget :)

Haha that is what I am doing right now!! And she is looking SO NICE! So adorable *melt*

Haha that is what I am doing right now!! And she is looking SO NICE! So adorable *melt*
my white silkie, Yukon, adores the blow dryer.
i will lay her on her back in a towel, and then blow dry her belly, and she falls asleep in an instant. it's like she knows she's getting pampered and accepts it fully XD

i may have a video somewhere.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom