Hi Folks!! from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

dinesh.chan

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2018
Just starting to raise chickens this year in my backyard. Currently they are setup in my basement waiting for better weather and for me to build a coop.

5 chickens - 2 Lavender Orp, 2 Ameracauna, 1 Spitzhauben - no idea about the gender.

have raised mixed backyard chickens when i was a kid in India - Ok i did not raise them. they were always there in my grandparents place. I just chased them around ;)

dinesh.chan

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2018
Also., i gave the medicated starter feed till it ran out. (the lady who i brought the chickens from was kind enough to give me a box - lasted for ~2 weeks). But I fermented a mix of hulled sunflower seeds, hulled pumpkin sides, seasame, Wheat grout, millets, split peas, red lentils and moong dal - have been giving this since 2nd week they got here.

also got a box of Hagen mutivitamins for birds - that i mix once every day. The chicken also get grit (read dirt / play sand / construction gravel - that i wash up) . mixed salad greens with ginger / garlic / coriander / turmeric / carrots - also offered once a day.

dinesh.chan

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2018
Box is the "hotel" box for the chicken, when I clean their other rubbermaid box up. That contains a mix of dirt that i changed so far weekly once. Thinking of changing it to pine shavings as the poop is getting larger :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180310_114025.jpg
    IMG_20180310_114025.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 27

Kiki

🙄🤚FFC
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Just starting to raise chickens this year in my backyard. Currently they are setup in my basement waiting for better weather and for me to build a coop.

5 chickens - 2 Lavender Orp, 2 Ameracauna, 1 Spitzhauben - no idea about the gender.

have raised mixed backyard chickens when i was a kid in India - Ok i did not raise them. they were always there in my grandparents place. I just chased them around ;)

Also., i gave the medicated starter feed till it ran out. (the lady who i brought the chickens from was kind enough to give me a box - lasted for ~2 weeks). But I fermented a mix of hulled sunflower seeds, hulled pumpkin sides, seasame, Wheat grout, millets, split peas, red lentils and moong dal - have been giving this since 2nd week they got here.

also got a box of Hagen mutivitamins for birds - that i mix once every day. The chicken also get grit (read dirt / play sand / construction gravel - that i wash up) . mixed salad greens with ginger / garlic / coriander / turmeric / carrots - also offered once a day.

Good morning Welcome to Backyard Chickens so are you still in India beautiful country

Top Bottom