Hi Folks!

BluesChicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 13, 2012
CA Bay Area - East Bay
Well...things sure have changed with chickens in the 60 years or so since I last had them in my backyard! My folks, like many in my generation, were from rural backgrounds where keeping chickens was a natural as canning green beans in Mason jars. OF COURSE we had chickens, and one of my "chores" as a very small child was collecting eggs. I still remember vividly the cold day I went to the chicken house and found too many eggs to hold in my hands. Naturally, as any 6-year old would do, I stuffed them in my pockets. NOT a particularly good idea!

Now I am interested in getting back into the chicken raising world, but I'm finding that I have a lot to learn. The kids are grown and (mostly) gone so it is just the 2 of us. I am hoping to settle on 3-4 nice quiet hens who will be happy to cruise around the yard and occasionally hop up in my lap for a snuggle. One or two eggs a day would be gang-busters for us!

So anyway, I am delighted to have found this site and I am looking forward to learning more about this "fowl" hobby!
thumbsup.gif

Dave

Hi and :welcome

Good luck with your chickens!! We've found that raising them from chicks makes them quite friendly with us.

I hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom