Hi fro Western Maine!

babychiks1134

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2016
Got my first egg today!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your first egg :clap Always so exciting to find those little treasures in the nest! I wish you the best of luck for the future and hope you many more eggs to come.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

I have only had 2 eggs in 6 days...I'm keeping the girls in their coop and run, not letting them out so I'm not doung the great easter egg hunt. Let me tell you, they are not happy with me! I thought once they started laying it would be consistant. I hate keeping them cooped up!! Not sure if this is common or if somethings is wrong..... Sigh.:(

I have only had 2 eggs in 6 days...I'm keeping the girls in their coop and run, not letting them out so I'm not doung the great easter egg hunt. Let me tell you, they are not happy with me! I thought once they started laying it would be consistant. I hate keeping them cooped up!! Not sure if this is common or if somethings is wrong..... Sigh.:(

Often when new layers first start it can be sporadical laying untill their laying machine is in full working order. Try to keep them as happy as possible and stress free as stress can affect laying too. I'm sure with a bit of time they will be regular egg layers :D

Back
Top Bottom