Hi, from a new chick owner and a forum newbie!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, May 20, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I recieved my order of 37 chicks from MMH yesterday morning! We are all so excited!!

They sent 39, but one was dead upon arrival and one tiny Brown Leghorn died during the night.

8 will be going to a friend-3 of the RIRs, the 2 remaining Brown Leghorns, 1 Phoenix and 1 White Crested Black Polish.

So I will have 29 little chicks and 3 ducklings to raise [​IMG]

I am hoping to learn a lot from everyone on these forums. I have been reading so much and looking at so many pics I'm going to see chicks in my sleep lol. I am still trying to identify a few of my chicks yet.

Heres my new little family:

[​IMG]

2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    What a beautiful brooder full of chicks! Welcome to the forum! [​IMG] [​IMG] You will love it here!

Susan

3. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG]

Have fun with them you never know you actually might get addicted....

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Addicted is a good word! lol

I have to keep reminding myself they will get much bigger and soon. Or I would be shopping for more babies! After looking at everyones little babies, its hard not to want some of each!!

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    You can always shop for more babies you will just need a bigger coop thats all. My DH is building my new coop next week. I think we are going with a 16x20. I am truly addicted.

6. Plymouthroxgal

Plymouthroxgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    aww their adorable!!!

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks for the warm welcomes [​IMG]

Our little chicks came before we got time to build the coop! We have to get busy!

We will be using half of a shed for their roosts and nesting boxes and then their pen outside the shed should be 30x40 roughly. I hope that will give them enough room to run and play!

8. TheMomma

TheMomma Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Dansville NY
    I am new to this board and so far I've learned a lot!
    I have 9 little chicks in my laundry room waiting for it to get warmer outside. I got them from a local store, so I don't know what they are! You all sound so knowledgeable about identifying your breeds. I originally got ten but lost one a few days into it. I felt so bad. They are just fluffy yellow chicks now, but I did notice that one is alot larger than the others and they feather structure is different. Could that be a rooster?
    Thanks!

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    what a wonderful photo of all those little chicks and ducks. [​IMG]
    themomma you need to post a pic so we can see your little darlings.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] and Congrats. What beautiful babies!

Ummmm about this chick disease...do not look for help here because we all have it and are all enablers. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by