Hi from a new goose Mama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shady acres flock, Jun 10, 2011.

1. shady acres flock

shady acres flock New Egg

Jun 10, 2011
    Hey Everyone!!

I'm newish goose mama, my baby girls are about ten weeks old. Well, my baby girl. Gertrude's sister was killed earlier this week which prompted me to join the BYC chicken comunity for advice. Thanks everyone for your help and support!!

My DH and I purchased an old farm house last year with four acres, which we dubed "Shady Acres." The current residents of the Shady Acres Community are myself, DH, our beloved dog Gus, and Gertrude my American Buff goose. Tomorrow we will be adding some ducks to keep Gert company, she is not handeling her sisters death well at all [​IMG]

Hopefully next year there will be some more geese and perhaps a goat or two, with all that space how can we not!! [​IMG]

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    Very sorry for Gertrude and her sister's death! But [​IMG] and yes, get more geese!! (and goats [​IMG])

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. So sorry for your loss. I hope Gert finds comfort with some new friends. [​IMG]

4. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. Sorry for your loss.

6. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas
    [​IMG] sorry about the loss of your pet.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. So sorry about the loss of Gertrude's sister & that she's not taking it well [​IMG] Good luck [​IMG]

8. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

9. Welcome! Love my Buff Geese -- so sorry that you lost one. My husband says that I love the geese more than the kids, but that is probably an exaggeration [​IMG]

10. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by