Hi from a New Member

czelus

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 12, 2013
Central Coast, CA
Hi there! So I've been a fan of chickens, backyard chickens in particular, for many years. But since my daughter has taken up chickens for 4-H, I'm back into chickens in our backyard again. She has caught the bug as well, and wants at least two of everything, but alas we are in town and can't have that many, unfortunately. We have three for now, and our sites on adding a couple more, and then that's it, really! We keep them cooped at night, of course, and they free range around our yard at their leisure most days. This is the first time I have been involved with raising bantams, and I like them a lot. I was given a pair of mutt bantams that had been rescues, back when I had a flock of full size hens, 10-15 years ago, and they promptly flew up onto the roof of our house and lived there, no matter how many times we tried to stop them! So needless to say I was not impressed. These three are sweet and come to us and hang out, and "play" and go right into their coop when it's bed time. They are so super quiet, which is invaluable in town with neighbors as close as ours, and they are such good girls. One Cochin juvenile my daughter has conditioned to fly up to her knees and then up to her shoulder.
Anyway, we've got 4 dogs, another rescue story, 2 cats, yet another rescue story, and we are pretty sure there is a sign on our house that we can't see, or some sort of supersonic beacon that tells any stray, forgotten, starving or left behind animal to try our place first. Anyway, I've been lurking on and off for years so I thought it was time to join up with this wonderful community.
Thanks! Cheryl

Hello and,
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom