1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Aguanga - Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DebbieSkinner, Oct 19, 2015.

1. DebbieSkinner

DebbieSkinner Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2015
    I joined because of my interest in raising poultry and because of my search for information on Nene geese breeders in SoCal. I've been fascinated with Nenes for years but have not been ready for them until recently. My husband and I live in Aguanga on a small ranch where we raise chickens, guineas, wild turkeys, muscovy ducks. We are very interested in feeding and eating organically and into permaculture.

[​IMG]

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My family and I recently moved from Hawaii (after living there for 23 years) so we are very familiar with Nenes. I like the poster of your ranch. Thanks for posting the pic. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. DebbieSkinner

Oct 19, 2015
    Thanks!

5. DebbieSkinner

Oct 19, 2015
    Thanks!

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I've never heard of those geese but I hope you find some and show us pictures. You might also want to check in with the members on the Geese forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

Thanks for joining us!

7. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

8. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    The Nene (pronounced Nay nay) goose is the state bird of Hawaii. Unlike other geese, they rarely swim (although they are excellent swimmers when they choose to do so) but are usually found on the slopes of the Hawaiian mountains. Below is a pic of some Nenes.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Wow, gorgeous geese!

10. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

11. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Debbie, Welcome to Backyard chickens. I have a feeling I just saw your poster photo on a tote bag from Zazzle. I was checking out your chicken products.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by