Hi from Alabama!

Campnellis

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2020
East Central Alabama, Lee County.
Hello! We are in Smiths Station, AL...Roll Tide!! My husband and I have 3 acres and have recently been gifted a couple chickens and a rooster. They are Rhode Island Reds. We have wanted chickens for a long time so it is very exciting! I am currently looking into open air coops and trying to decide exactly where to put them lol. They will also be free ranging for the most part after they get settled. I'm sure our garden and muscadines are going to love that LOL.
We have 4 children- 10, 5, and twin 18 month olds. All of which are very excited as well :) I'm a stay at home mom and my husband runs a small restauraunt. We love to go camping and spend time with the littles outside.
I have no experience with chickens but I have been perusing these forums over the last couple days, cramming info. I've also realized that the 5 chickens we are getting will not be nearly enough
:lol::lol:
I'm looking forward to learning from y'all!

Hei 20

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hello! We are in Smiths Station, AL...Roll Tide!! My husband and I have 3 acres and have recently been gifted a couple chickens and a rooster. They are Rhode Island Reds. We have wanted chickens for a long time so it is very exciting! I am currently looking into open air coops and trying to decide exactly where to put them lol. They will also be free ranging for the most part after they get settled. I'm sure our garden and muscadines are going to love that LOL.
We have 4 children- 10, 5, and twin 18 month olds. All of which are very excited as well :) I'm a stay at home mom and my husband runs a small restauraunt. We love to go camping and spend time with the littles outside.
I have no experience with chickens but I have been perusing these forums over the last couple days, cramming info. I've also realized that the 5 chickens we are getting will not be nearly enough
:lol::lol:
I'm looking forward to learning from y'all!
:welcome :welcome :welcome
Welcome to chicken mommy hood.
Hello from Florida

Campnellis

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2020
East Central Alabama, Lee County.
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Congratulations on your new flock.
Keep an eye on the rooster to make sure he doesn't develop bad habits around your children.
That is definitely a concern of mine! He was very sweet when we went to meet them the other day but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him. My only experience with chickens was a nasty rooster that a friend had. He was even mean to the horses!

Thank you all for the warm welcome :D:D I'm looking into those links now. Hopefully we will have them home with us before halloween!

Top Bottom