Hi from Alberta Canada..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AlbertaChicks, Mar 13, 2017.

1. AlbertaChicks

AlbertaChicks Just Hatched

Mar 13, 2017
    Thank you for letting me join.. always liked this site for the information from other members. Glad to be one now. I have 25 girls, many different kinds. And 8 boys of different breeds, and 5 peafowl along with ducks and geese. Nice to meet other crazy bird people. :)

2. peopleRanimals2

peopleRanimals2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG]!!! Sounds like you have quite the flock! BYCers are always happy to have more people to discuss with :)
    As you mentioned, BYC has some great info and a great community. Feel free to ask any questions. Have fun!
    -M

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under AlbertaChicks [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I'm sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you will be able to find some time to help other members by sharing your experience.

Not sure if the Canada country link is on the link above, but here it is, just in case - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/144/canadians-check-in-here

Best wishes
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. You may also be interested in a thread called "Jest another day in pear a dice." started and narrated by a great lady in Alberta. She has
    chickens, duck, geese, swans, hair sheep, a llama and two real "Australian," cattle dogs.

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Alberta Chicks, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our flock! Good luck to you and your assorted fowl! [​IMG]

8. AlbertaChicks

AlbertaChicks Just Hatched

Mar 13, 2017
    Hi guys.. and thank you. The lady from Alberta.. jest another day in pear a dice, I will try to find. We have a ton in common. In my intro I only mentioned my birds, but I too have other animals. I live on an 800 acre cattle ranch. With an Australian cattle dog..Oliver Twist and a Golden Retriever Charlie Brown, and two more of a mix breeds that were dropped off and left who the kids named Bud and Darla. I fed them and they never left.. now there family.
    Cats seem to appear out of nowhere.. and I feed them too, though I do have three of my own. I have two miniature donkeys, three quarter horses and tons of cattle. We're in calving season now. I breed peacocks, I have black shoulder.. India .. and pure white. In the past I have bred my chickens but haven't this year as of yet. When the weather warms we are going to build a new coop for all the birds so I can seperate them for better breeding. I have many different kinds of chickens and won't incubate my eggs unless I know there from a purebred pair.
    Goose goose and Goober are my Super African geese that own the place, and let everyone know it. The 3 Swedish ducks follow them like little soldiers..
    We're adding a lama or alpaca this spring along with bottle baby sheep, one or two baby rabbits and a few piglets. My husband wants miniature horses.. (I've had them in the past and I'm not sure I want more attitude than I already have with my donkeys).. lol .
    The grandkids will be spending the summer on the ranch so we decided to give them the whole ranch experience. Collecting eggs is fun and I have a ton most days, but bottle feeding babies two to three x's a day we think gives them a better understanding of what ranching is when we're not planting crops or working the hay fields.
    I don't have tons of time some days but would love to know more chicken people in my area. I've already marked all the fairs and events on my calendar and really hope to make a few if them..even though some are quite a drive. Company would be nice..
    I really hope this doesn't sound like bragging.. it's just a better look into my life.
    It's tons of work and somdays very little sleep. We have one holiday a year, with the occasional weekend that I can sneak away.. hard to go away and leave our adult kids who all live and work off the ranch to look after everything. So with that if there's any members who want a new friend and we have things in common I would love to chat. I find one can never have enough friends..
    I'm not on here everyday but please leave a message.. thank you. Shelley

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

10. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    Welcome to BYC! I hope you like it here!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by