Hi from an old fool in Spain

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VictoriaTwead, Sep 28, 2009.

1. VictoriaTwead

VictoriaTwead Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, I’m Victoria and I’m English, but I don’t live in England anymore. Five years ago I nagged poor Joe into relocating to a teeny, tiny mountain village in Spain. There are only six people (and 2 mules) in the village in winter, but in the summer and at weekends there are a couple of hundred as the Spanish often have 2 homes.

Apart from Joe, I am at the beck and call of 6 geriatric chickens. I’m afraid I can’t introduce them here as their names are far too rude, though you can check my website if you’re curious and un-shockable.

Our Spanish neighbours can’t understand why we don’t eat our chickens, and when they saw the chicken area they rolled their eyes heaven-ward (water-feature, stencilled walls, mirror, etc).

We are also honoured by daily visits from 2 village cats. They’re sisters and sit on our windowsill peering into the kitchen hoping to be fed. They aren’t tame enough to stroke, but they are beautiful to look at and full of character.

Victoria [​IMG]
    We’re just a couple of old fools, (our children are in their late twenties and scattered around the planet) but we’re thoroughly enjoying this period of our lives, and look forward to meeting like-minded people on this forum.

1 person likes this.
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Victoria, what a colorful person you seem to be! Welcome to BYC. We would love to hear stories from your life there.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh! you have to post lots and lots of pics of everything there! My family (grandfather) is from Spain..and my other grandparents are from England also! Nice to meet you! Pics! pics! pics! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Enjaytoo

Enjaytoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Welcome to BYC from Arizona! (And I for one will have to check out those names on your website [​IMG]

5. chickenvirgin

chickenvirgin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Blaine Lake, SK
    [​IMG] Welcome Victoria from Blaine Lake, Saskachawan, Canada.

6. VictoriaTwead

VictoriaTwead Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh!!!! I've only just posted my thread, and all these welcomes here already! I can see I'm going to be spending a lot of time here...

Buff Hooligans: You want stories? There are so many... Like owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain...

Redhen: Not sure how to post up pics yet. Where in England and Spain were your family from?

Enjaytoo: Oh dear.

Victoria

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Okay, you have our attention!

8. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] So happy you joined us! [​IMG]

9. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    [​IMG] from Northern California - you've come to the right place - This site is a hoot plus you have the bonus of learning a lot.

10. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from Wisconsin, transplanted here from Germany....Now I have to check your site......[​IMG] Well, 6 residents and 2 mules.....Are the mules allowed to vote? They are such a big part of the community, they should have a say ....[​IMG] You will enjoy the site, I am sure [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by