Hi from an out of practice farm girl!

4-HMomma

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2018
Hi all! Been lurking for a while, but am finally posting. Rather than ramble, I'n going to use the handy template!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I grew up on a farm with chicks, horses, cattle, and the occasional other critter when me or my sisters wanted to try out a new 4H project. The first chick I had that was all mine was a silkie chick I got as a 6th birthday gift. Having said that, it's been a while, moved to the city for college, and didn't leave for quite a while. I'm finding that some things come back faster than others.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Four hens and a roo.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Svart Hona (Swedish balck,) and Easter Eggers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Chicken snuggles. All my girls where hand raised in the house, and still like to pop in from time to time for a little lap time.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Western gaming. Was a rodeo princess as a girl, and are passing on the love of barrel racing to my own daughter.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Active family of three people, three horses, two dogs, two cats, and a guinea pig.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found you guys when I was googling a question I had when I was raising the girls and wanted a few opinions about transitioning them outside. Been lurking around ever since whenever I had a question. Finally decided to post after I finally had a question I didn't see the answer to.

Welcome Wagon.gif Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

It is great to see you here!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Good luck with your daughter's barrel racing career. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom