Hi from Bucks County, PA

canuck chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 28, 2010
Hi. I'm new to this site and so far I'm amazed - had no idea so many people have chickens in their backyards. It's great! I had three little hens as pets in my suburban backyard but now I'm down to two. My barred rock hen died suddenly last week for no reason that I can figure out. She was almost three years old and seemed fit, healthy and happy so it's a real mystery. The other two hens seem healthy but lonely now. Once we're sure that the other two hens are healthy and there's nothing contagious in the yard we'd like to get one or two more to give them a little more company. Does anyone know where I can buy a couple of robust healthy adult full-size hens? The breed doesn't really matter - although I do find my australops to be really friendly so another like her would be good since they are pets.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
from SA.

Hi from NJ! I'm trying to rehome 2 BO's that will be 2 in May if you are interested! Nothing wrong with them just adding some new ones that I'm hatching and making room!

I'm in Hunterdon County but could meet you at Rice's Market if interested!

Hi to 1mommahen. Thanks for the offer of the 2 BO's! I don't know chicken lingo too well yet - does it mean Buff Orpington? I just looked them up and read that they're usually calm and friendly - sounds like what I'm looking for. I'd love to take you up on the offer. We could drive up to Hunterdon or Rice's -whichever is more convenient for you. Would you mind keeping them for a few more weeks? I want to be sure that my yard is free and clear of disease. Of course if someone else comes along wants to take them off you hands before then I'd totally understand.

Canuck, whatever works for you! I have eggs in the incubator that I just started today so I've got at least 6 weeks until I need space! Keep in touch!

Back
Top Bottom