Hi From California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by phredgirlie, Jan 30, 2017.

1. phredgirlie

phredgirlie New Egg

Jan 30, 2017
    Fresno, ca
    Hi I'm Ashley, from central Cali, and about to own a 5 acre parcel. I'm excited to start homesteading and start with chickies. I am also nervous as Ive never seen myself as a livestock raising type of girl, but I am drawn to it now. Wish me luck!! [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ashley and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us and congrats on your impending chicken adventure. Whilst there's lots to learn, it's far from difficult and you'll be amazed at how much experience you garner within a very short time.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck!
    CT

3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Ashley, and welcome to BYC! Good luck with you endeavor!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ashley [​IMG] Welcome!

Congrats on the new land!

Ken has already given you some great starting points so I will just add that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Ashley, Welcome to Backyard chickens. You don't need luck, you've got BYC.[​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Ashley, congrats on your new acreage and good luck with your plans!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Ashley, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community! Congratulations on your land acquisition and future chickens! BYC will be here to help should you have questions along the way. Best wishes! [​IMG]

8. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

:welcome Ashley! Glad you joined us!

9. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Ashley!

Chickens are a lot of fun and not too much work, a good animal to start with.

Great to have you with us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by