Hi from California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FeelingDucky, Feb 8, 2017.

1. FeelingDucky

FeelingDucky Just Hatched

Feb 8, 2017
    Hi all! I'm brand new at all of this, and am currently in the process of designing our duck barn and run. I'll be ordering my ducklings next month and am excited to begin the process. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions! [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Exciting times ahead, I'm sure.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads. The duck forum is likely to be your go-to place -
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under FeelingDucky [​IMG] Welcome!

As Ken has already given you some good starting points, I will just wish you and the little quackers all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

5. FeelingDucky

Feb 8, 2017
    Thank you for the welcomes, very happy to be here!

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC from a fellow Californian! It's great to have you.

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Ducks look like they would be a lot of fun...what breed(s) are you going to get?

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, howdy, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you decided to join the community, please do make yourself at home here! I am sure you will enjoy it, and I hope you love it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

9. FeelingDucky

Feb 8, 2017
    Thanks everyone! NFC, we're getting an assortment because we just can't make up our minds, lol. Runners, khaki campbells, golden harvest, and one cayoga. About 8 total to start with. [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sounds like a great place to start!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by