Hi From California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Splash2020, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Splash2020

Splash2020 New Egg

Nov 11, 2009
    Sacramento, Ca.
    This is part intro part help. Name is Maria and my family and I live near Sacramento CA.

We helped rescue a pair of Splash Silkies about 2 to 3 months old they are a joy to watch sadly though,
    we just lost our silkie hen to a very large hawk (redtail?) the other day
    We've had small hawks, but this was a first in 15 years here. Our rooster is now lonely and we need to get him another mate (or 2). Do you know anyone who would be willing to sell a female? Any color - our little girl was a splash, but at this point color is irrelevant.
    Or if you know or any organization we can look at or contact anyone would be a huge help.

Thank you,
    Maria

Ps. look forward to meeting and talking with other animal lovers here

2. vyshtia

vyshtia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Norco, CA
    [​IMG] from SoCal! Lotsa animal lovers here! [​IMG] Good luck on your search for new silkies! I only people people down here selling em, don't know of any in Sacramento, sorry!

3. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

4. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] from WI!

5. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Hello, I'm in the SF bay area, just a bit south from you. [​IMG]

You might want to call around to your local feed stores to see if they have any birds for sale - or maybe they would let you post a note on their bulletin board. Good luck. [​IMG]

6. Splash2020

Splash2020 New Egg

Nov 11, 2009
    Sacramento, Ca.
    This is awesome already! Reading a few others I didn't put enough info about me. Our Silikes are our lastest addition we also have two budgies named Sky (so pretty and temperamental she's the Alpha) and Spirit loves to talk (I also nicknamed him Hoss after The tv show Bonanza the boy loves to eat) Than we have two cats: Teddy and Orange-point and Frodo and Orange cat. (what would we do with out cats) than thers all the birds and a family of squirrels. Never a dull moment.

Now I feel better

thank you for letting me share
    Maria

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Welcome Maria, I bet you can find silkies,or anything else you want on this wonderful site. Just go to the -buy sell auction forum-

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

9. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Happy to meet you Maria! Glad you're here! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy your stay with us!! [​IMG]

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by