Hi from California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SierraView, May 22, 2010.

1. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so excited to have found BYC! [​IMG]

Back in the olden days before internet I grew up having chicken and fresh eggs. I tired to raise chickens about 15 years ago and the neighbors dogs killed them all. My DH said keeping them would be near impossible the dogs would keep coming back. Basically he said no more chickens.

I don't know what it is that makes me love chickens. I convinced my DH to build a chicken coop and searched online to find out how to keep chickens safe. This is when I found BYC. I've been lurking around for a few weeks reading and learning. My DH built a coop and it looks fantastic. Last week I went to the feed store and got 4 chicks. 2 silver laced wyandotte, 1 sex-link red, 1 EE. I want more! I knew I would so I'm starting slow so I can learn. I really love the wyandotte they are beautiful and sweet chicks.

Looking forward to a life with chickens.
    [​IMG]

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Glad you stopped lurking and joined!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

4. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    welcome

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

6. Vnctan

Vnctan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    Where in NorCal do you live? I live in Bangor,Ca. A tiny little town with a population of 600 about 1.5 hrs north of Sac.

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
  8. muscovy_1

muscovy_1 New Egg

May 22, 2010
    California
    Howdy! I just joined today! I grew up in Rollings Hills Estates and now we have a ranch out in Anza (desert!!!)

9. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

10. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I live in Oakdale it's a smallish town east of Modesto. Some around here call it the cowboy capital of the world.

Baby chicks sure can make a mess in their drinking water, I been cleaning it 3 times a day so I ordered some nipple waterer's and they came in the mail yesterday. My husband is a plumber and has some fancy water system planed. I'm glad he's on board and likes the idea of having chickens, because I can see a lot of chicken projects in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by