Hi from Canada :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by serena1976, Oct 18, 2015.

1. serena1976

serena1976 New Egg

Oct 18, 2015
    Alberta Canada
    Hi everyone, I'm Serena from Alberta Canada
    I recently rescued 12 battery hens and have a ton of questions.
    I started with 6 RIR hens and one RIT roo last year that were free range from a friend.
    Doodle (my roo) was extremely aggressive and attacked any person who got close so he didn't last long :( I now have a lavender Orpington roo "Thomas" along with the original 5 RIR hens and 12 (I believe) Leghorn battery hens.:p

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Serena. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm practically your neighbor (in Kalispell, Montana 60 miles south of the Alberta border). It's great that you were able to rescue those hens. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may also be interested in posting at "Canadians check-in- here."

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Love that you have rescued. Wish I had the room to do this. I would be rescuing in no time.

I also have a LO out there...along with a RIR rooster! And, I love leghorns. Always have to add that when I see those that have them. I have had the sweetest leghorns. Just love them.

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thank you for taking in the ex-batts, it sounds like they are going to have a lovely home with you. I hope Thomas the roo works out better for you.

Nice to have you here!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bless you for rescuing those hens.

8. serena1976

serena1976 New Egg

Oct 18, 2015
    Alberta Canada
    I'm very happy to tell everyone that all 12 girls are walking around outside on their own and learning how to fly![​IMG]

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. That's wonderful! So happy they are getting some yard time. :)

10. Denwendairy

Denwendairy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2014
    Alberta Canada
    Welcome to BYC! I am also from Alberta! There are quite a few of us on here but you'll also find a lot of Albertans on Facebook- both Canadian Mother Cluckers and Alberta Chickens etc...BYC is a great place to ask questions and learn!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by