Hi from Canada!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by allymeagan, Jan 31, 2009.

1. allymeagan

allymeagan Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Hey everyone,

I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while now, but finally registered! [​IMG] Right now we have silkies, red star, harco, cuckoo marans, and americaunas. And I bought a new toy this spring--a genesis 1588 hovabator! And silly me, I thought I could wait until a little closer to spring before I loaded it up . . . it didn't last a day! So in less then two weeks, hopefully we'll have some new chickies around.

I've raised meat chickens, turkeys, and pheasants as well, which I'm planning on getting this summer, as well as a heritage breed of turkey (not sure which yet), a couple of bantams breeds (also can't decide) and very likely a pair of peafowl and pheasants.

My name is Allison, and I'm a fowl-aholic!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG], Allison!

We can always use more fowlaholics! [​IMG] Thanks for coming out of "lurkdom" to join all of us!

The Hovabator sounds exciting! What breeds are in there right now?

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

4. Hello Allison and Welcome to BYC !

5. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
    Hello and welcome to BYC! I'm a new member as of last summer when I completed my coop/barn and stocked it with my starter flock. Everything has gone very well. Lost 2 chickens over the summer and still put 12 in the freezer. My wife has joined in the fun and ordered 2 dozen fancies herself wyandottes & polish). We will expand our flock this summer and hopefully get a lot more in the freezer too.

6. allymeagan

allymeagan Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Just some of my own. Five silkie eggs and twenty-two mutts. Mix of cuckoo maran, americauna, red star, and harco, all by an americauna rooster. I can't wait!!!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

8. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    from Old Town, Maine