Hi from Central Alberta, Canada!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frog Hollow Creations, May 8, 2009.

1. Frog Hollow Creations

Frog Hollow Creations New Egg

May 8, 2009
    Markerville
    Hello everybody!

Ive been reading and absorbing from this amazing site for over 2 years. Finally our new house is built, we are all moved in and my patience on waiting for the critters I want is about used up. We are going to be over-hauling an old grain bin that is on our property for our chickens that will be coming probably before we are ready. lol

Im the proud mom of 3 kids, 10,6&5 and have lots of animal "kids" are well. We have 2 dogs, one of which is a new mom to 10 of the cutest lil lab x pups youve ever seen! We also have a cockatiel, 6 cats, 2 donkeys and 3 ducklings.

Ducks?! you say..."i thought she wanted chickens"...well my son's kindergarten class hatched some ducks and then he volunteered us to adopt them when they were too big for the classroom. I am kind of like a female version of Dr. Doolittle, so I said sure, why not...hahaha

I so love reading all the info in the pages of BYC and know that I will learn even more by sharing questions and such.

oh, BTW...I will be getting all heritage breeds of chickens, I dont know which breeds yet, but I have a lady all lined up to make our choices from and she has a wide range of breeds available it seems. My daughter really wants silkies and easter-eggers, so I imagine they will be in the batch.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good number to start with? I am scared to get too many incase we do something wrong...

Our coop will end up quite huge I think its about 12x16 or so, and we are making a very large outdoor area as well, it will be 10x16 on the one side and then 8x12 on the other.

I think the ducks may get their own private "condo" on one end, not sure yet.

have a great day everyone! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hi Frog Hollow Creations [​IMG] from Washington

Imp

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Welcome from NM! I love Canada!

4. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    [​IMG]

Hi from california
    [​IMG]

5. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi from Victoria BC [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Hello Fellow Canuck !

One word of advice....build your coop BIG !!! ha ha ha !!! I started with 3....then 6.....now I am up to 22...

Welcome ~!! from Ontario

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG]

10. wingnut1