Hi From Central Indiana!

ScrambledEggcre

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Hi, my name is Brandy, I live in central Indiana and we recently purchased 7 chicks! We have 2 buff orpingtons (Claire and Princess Buttercup), two Barred Plymouth Rocks (Maddie and Alcatraz), a Black sex-link (Georgie), a Rhode Island Red (Hazel), and an Ameraucana (Ilsa).

We are trying to raise these chickens (and our family) as organically and self sustaining as possible... I've been told I should have been a hippie... :)

I really wanted a coop that I would enjoy spending time in, that I would be proud of, and one that looked nice... My husband wanted one that would fit the chickens and cost less than $500... And so our coop was born... Er...made... (pictures to come later)

This website has been really helpful already.. I used it in learning about the chicks we were going to get and I used it a lot in planning our chicken coop!

We also have a baby and a hyper Aussie who would play with his toys until he died if we would let him. But we don't. :)

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

I too, have been told I'm a hippie. I tried dressing like it... doesn't usually take. LOL Anyway, welcome!! I love the organic and back to nature way of doing things myself. Hope you enjoy it here. Folks here are super friendly and very helpful. No question is too small for these fine people.
Hi, my name is Brandy, I live in central Indiana and we recently purchased 7 chicks! We have 2 buff orpingtons (Claire and Princess Buttercup), two Barred Plymouth Rocks (Maddie and Alcatraz), a Black sex-link (Georgie), a Rhode Island Red (Hazel), and an Ameraucana (Ilsa).
We are trying to raise these chickens (and our family) as organically and self sustaining as possible... I've been told I should have been a hippie...
smile.png

I really wanted a coop that I would enjoy spending time in, that I would be proud of, and one that looked nice... My husband wanted one that would fit the chickens and cost less than $500... And so our coop was born... Er...made... (pictures to come later)
This website has been really helpful already.. I used it in learning about the chicks we were going to get and I used it a lot in planning our chicken coop!
We also have a baby and a hyper Aussie who would play with his toys until he died if we would let him. But we don't.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom