Hi from Central PA :)

balthahm

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Nice to meet you all!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our chickens in early September. We had been thinking about it for years and one day my husband walked into the feed store to get clover seed for the garden and the woman next to him was ordering a bag of scratch. She commented that she had more chickens than she knew what to do with. Next thing you know, we have a mama hen and 5 chicks! I grew up on a farm and we had Rhode Island Reds, so I always wanted to have chickens but it was a hard sell with dh. Now he thinks this is the best gig ever!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
6 right now. We lost one of the chicks to either a hawk or cat and added a rooster. My girls named the mama chicken Henrita and the rooster we named Dougal.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We think they are some kind of mixed up OEG???

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Reading about chickens long before we got ours. Came up on google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hobbies?!?!? I have no time for hobbies! Well... I do like to knit/crochet and cook!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Let's see, I'm a stay at home mama of three little girls, ages 6, 4 and 1. They keep me pretty busy (see, no hobbies!) I'm 34 and my dh, Mark, is 43. We've been married for 10 years. He is an OTR truck driver for a company that delivers bulk food to mostly Amish & Mennonite-owned markets, farms, bakeries & such. He's gone 4-6 days a week, one week to Wisconsin, the other to Virginia/NC. We also have a cat named Bud and our ridiculous dog, an American Eskimo named Octavius Pontius Aurelius Abadness (or just Oc for short)

Hi!
jumpy.gif
Welcome to BYC. You will find the most fun folks here with plenty on their minds. It is a good forum, with info on just about anything to do with raising chickens. I absolutely love this forum. I have some relatives in and near PA. It is a beautiful area.
Have fun on the BYC.
Bunny from NC
bun.gif

Quote:
We're near Elysburg. Moved here 2 1/2 years ago from Jonestown (Lebanon County)

Back
Top Bottom