Hi from Co. Down in Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wee Les, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Wee Les

Wee Les Just Hatched

May 30, 2017
    Annahilt Northern Ireland
    Hi everyone and hello from County Down

Only recently joined the forum but have been snooping around for some time picking up tips and advice.

My wife and I live just outside Annahilt, about 10 miles south of Belfast in a rural farming area, mostly sheep and cattle with a few horses for good measure.

We moved out from the local town of Lisburn about 8 years ago and have been keeping chickens for about 3 years. We current have 2 Light Sussex, (1 hen and one rooster "Rocky"), 1 French copper maran, 1 leghorn ish!, 1 barnyard mix we hatched ourselves last year, 1 Milli-fleur Rooster and a pair of Sebright Bantams.

To increase our flock this year we have 15 chicks at 3 weeks and another 15 due in a few days.

As well as chickens we also two dachshunds, Pepper (13 years), and Dudly (12 years) as well as our Cat (Porky, 17 years).

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Wow! What a wonderful mix. I always wonder if people are able to get some of the different breeds in the other areas, especially islands (because of import quarantine and such).

I bet it's beautiful where you live, though maybe a bit too cold for me :)

3. Suzi18

Suzi18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2017
    Sandusky Ohio
    Hello and welcome! I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland last year. The scenery was as beautiful as the people. Every where I went the people were so friendly. Such green gorgeous countryside. Loved it!!

4. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to byc!!!!!! Great to have you with us!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hello, and welcome to BYC -- I'm so glad you've joined us! Sounds like quite the lovely flock you've built yourselves!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. My sister and her adult daughter just came back from their vacation in Ireland. That was their second visit. They love Ireland, and proved it by taking over 860 photos.

My niece had hoped to visit some horse farms but, never thought to inquire first. She couldn't find any.

8. vachick15

vachick15 Overrun With Chickens

:welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by