Hi from Coffee Springs, AL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ColeyJack, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ColeyJack

ColeyJack New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    Hi all! I just became a first time chicken owner on July 18th. of this year, totally by accident. I was buying a dog pen from this boy & he had two chickens he wanted to give away. I decided to take them, being I had a safe place for them. One was a hen saved from a Chicken house & the other a rooster he said was a Polish. I fell so in love with them. Sarah, the hen used to sit in my lap & Pete, the rooster would sit next to her. Unfortunately Sarah died a month later. I don't know why. She was fine the night before & the next day I found her dead. I wish I could find another hen like her because I don't know anything about raising Chicks. I am glad to meet you all.
    ~Carol Alice

2. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    [​IMG] from washington state! maybe you can find someone on here with an extra hen or two for pete [​IMG]

3. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA! Coffee Springs - such a beautiful name! I love coffee [​IMG]

This is the beginning of a long addiction! Hope you find another hen soon to keep your rooster company. Glad you found us, people around here can answer ANY chicken question and more!

[​IMG]

4. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Sorry about your Sarah but you gave her a great gift before she died. [​IMG]

That being said, when ya gettin more??? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Carol Alice! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. I hope you'll find a girl or 2 for Pete soon. Nice that you gave the two a good home. Sorry to hear that you lost your girl so soon!

7. 4HillsSumatras

4HillsSumatras Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] From Rural Hall, NC. Glad to have you here.[​IMG]

8. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Hello from Hamilton! And [​IMG] If you go to swap meet ad such, you're sure to find more "grown up" chickens. Most of mine I raised from one day old chicks. Do you know where Lacon is? It's a flea market and they sell chickens there. Also they sell them at Mountaintop Flea Market. Good Luck! [​IMG]

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ColeyJack

ColeyJack New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    Thank you all for the kind welcomes. I looked on the map for Lacon & it is like 6 hours from my house. I have the word out so I hope to find some hens soon.
    TTYL,
    ~Carol Alice [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by