Hi from Dallas, Texas!

clarissa317

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Hello everyone, I'm Clarissa and just found out about backyardchickens when I was looking for coop ideas. I've never owned chickens before so these 3 new chicks will be my test dummies. Just kidding. Anyway, I've always wanted chickens but just never committed to buying and raising any until I found a baby chick wandering around my neighborhood. I live close to some small farms so there's no telling which one it came from but decided to keep it. He/she looks to be a Barred Rock. I decided to get it another chick so it wouldn't be lonely and came home with 2 chicks. Although I probably went to a bad feed store to buy them because one seems to have already been unhealthy before I bought it and didn't noticed til I got home.

(I started a thread if anyone could help me with dosing Duramycin to my chicks with a few questions, plz read and answer if you can. Or just give advice
fl.gif
)

Anyway, one chick is an Ameraucana and not sure about the other. I'm waiting for her to get older so I can compare to online pictures of the breeds. All three chicks are about 3 (or 4) to 5 (or 6) weeks old.

I'm learning about chickens along with my Lab Stinky (yes, my dog's name is Stinky.) He wasn't raised to retrieving birds but he's got the drive in him so we're practicing on calming down when around the chicks. I can't trust him with them lose right now *hehe* but it's natural to him so I'm being cautious and patient. If you take a look at my only picture on here, he's photobombing my chicks. I'm a college student so I don't do much but go to class, work and go biking with Stinky. Well, I guess that's enough of an introduction for yall for now
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
You could post in detail on the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread - more experienced people monitor that site and should be able to give you better advice.

Back
Top Bottom