Hi from Danville, just filled our emplty nest with chicks!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mamaschicks, Apr 13, 2012.

1. mamaschicks

mamaschicks New Egg

Apr 12, 2012
    East Bay Burbs, California
    Hi All~

Went to the feed store in Alamo to get birdseed for my feeders and came home with 3 chicks (2 days old) we couldn't resist. We are empty nesters and thought this would be a fun adventure! My friends think I'm nuts!! Thank goodness I found this website so I can figure out what the heck I got myself into. My girls are 8 weeks now, are healthy and such a blast! They will be moved to the coop as soon as this rain stops. Meanwhile, they are in a nice brooder at night but "free range" in the baby proofed garage during the day. I have taken them outside when the weather is nice and they love it. Can't wait for Spring!

My husband is a builder and he built them a coup that looks like a custom home, will post pics as soon as it's finished.

Proud parents of a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Light Brahma and a Buff Orphington!
  2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am so happy for you! I went to the Tractor Supply to buy fencing for the new garden. I now have six chicks (2 weeks) and I am looking forward to more. Darn those stores, huh? LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by