Hi from Dillsburg, PA!

GottaLuvChicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 17, 2010
Dillsburg, PA
Hi all! My name is Kelly, and my family and I live in a small town called Dillsburg, PA (the ONLY town in the entire US to drop a dill pickle on New Year's Eve)!! I figure the best intro is the "template," so here goes!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are fairly new to chickens, and just got a set of 5 Polish Laced chickens (4 hens and 1 rooster) about a month ago

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have the 5 Polish Laced, and just got 27 baby cornish rock crosses this morning!

(3) What breeds do you have?
see above lol

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google is my friend!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We also raise and breed bearded dragons, are VERY active in our fire house, and are learning to become more self-sufficient in this crazy economy!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband Matt and I got married on May 3, 2008, and have 5 children. Alex (16, and one of the first female firefighters at our station), Zach (14, also a firefighter), Tori (10, and LOVES the chickens), Maddie (also 10 and is an avid violin player), and Nathen (almost 3, and is the biggest little redneck boy you can find!). Matt works in the propane industry, I am currently with Walmart.

It will be nice to get to know everyone and share some experiences! We have a LOT to learn, and appreciate all the help up front!

Kelly

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome Neighbor ~ I'm just down the road in Dover!

well thanks neighbor! We might have to get together sometime and share chicken tips! I'm getting ready to have to build a better coop here soon, I can ALWAYS use pointers!!

Back
Top Bottom