1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from East Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shersbabies, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Shersbabies

Shersbabies New Egg

Jun 19, 2011
    I made a new friend on my street a little over a year ago and she had a starter coop with a few chickens. Americauna's !!! i was immediately hooked on the colored eggs. So we got an old rabbit hutch given to use and we did some revisions and started with 4 hens. We were having a ball. Then comes the flea market with pure bred chickens and a breeder near by, then the incubator at my friends house ! We are now up to 29 and have 2 more coming. No they aren't all the same breed. [​IMG] We now have a 10x10 dog pen we use and 2 coops that have been built. One is added onto the original rabbit hutch.
    Our most recent buy have been the black and white bantam polish.....Have a roo and pullet 3 months old. Also bought 4 rare Tolbunts..don't know what they are yet but they are all gorgeous.
    Love the forum. Alot of great info and i'm glad now that i can post [​IMG]

2. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Wow-- you jumped in with both feet! Welcome from eastern North Carolina![​IMG]

3. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Welcome from Mid Michigan. Jumping in with both feet is right....wow. That is the only way to do it. If you like them (chickens) get'em. Sounds like you have a nice little flock going. BYC is a great site to log into! [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. That's what we call chicken math. [​IMG]

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] from Missouri!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from SE Alabama. Sounds like you already know chicken math [​IMG] Btw, I love the Polish bantams [​IMG] We just got our first one last month. Good luck [​IMG]

7. Melissa2173

Melissa2173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Springfield, Georgia
    [​IMG] from Georgia!

8. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from South Carolina! [​IMG]

9. Luckytaz