Hi from East TN - new to duck forum

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DianeKB, Jan 2, 2017.

1. DianeKB

DianeKB Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2017
    Hello all,

I'm a long time dog & conformation show person who has morphed into arena trial herding person that now owns sheep and ducks. I've joined this group to learn more about keeping my ducks healthy and happy. Love my Call ducks especially the Snow Call hens. I also have Grey Calls and Indian Runners. Any other Call duck owners out there?

Thanks!
    Diane from East TN

"Falcarragh Irish Wolfhounds, est. 1965"
    Breeders of BIS IWs and Group & Specialty Winning Bull Terriers
    AKC Judge 3129
    Proud Owner, Trainer & Handler of
    The First Herding Champion & Dual Herding Champion
    Belgian Laekenois in Breed History,
    HTCH. Wandrlyn Roguish Reeler HRD I-s HTAD I-s RN HSAsd HIAds STDsd RLF I-sc RLF III-cms OFTDdc HTD II-s HTAD II-d HXAd HSBd HIBd HRD III-cms RATI RATS OTDcds

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    [​IMG]

3. DianeKB

Jan 2, 2017
    Thanks![​IMG]

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welcome To BYC!

I'm not too far from you. I'm in Mississippi. I also raise calls I started in 2014 with them, mine are breeder and show quality birds, I have magpie, snowy, and grey!

Separately I have raised mallard for a very long time and have bred pure bred melanistic mallards since 2011 and have bred normal grey patterned mallards for 14 years.

5. DianeKB

Jan 2, 2017
    Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I routinely traveled to Olive Branch from the Knoxville area for herding training. We learned herding techniques and stockmanship on Grey, Bibbed and Snowy Calls which were super for the beginning student in many respects. Recently, my trainer acquired Mallards for training and arena herding trials. They were great to trial on. Indian Runners are commonly used for herding trials and are not my favorite.

I've enjoyed my ducks immensely and look forward to having more in the future!

Diane

6. GoldenFlight

GoldenFlight Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Welcome to BYC, @DianeKB !!!

Your ducks look amazingly beautiful! I also have an Indian Runner!

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Runner person here, too. Welcome!

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Welcome to BYC @DianeKB

9. PINOAK RIDGE

PINOAK RIDGE Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2016
    Tennessee
    Hello Diane,

Welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

Your history slightly resembles ours. We are in West Tennessee. Fellow dog show goer here, among other species. Morphed into training BCs for herding. Have flock of sheep and have raised many varieties of call ducks for almost 30 years. Do you by chance know Nancy Obermark?

Here is pic of some of our SQ Snowy call ducks.
    [​IMG]

Feel free to PM us, just to chat. Enjoy your ducks.

10. DianeKB

Jan 2, 2017
    Hello!

So great to meet other dog folks turned herders, and likely understand the addiction to the sport. Your Snowy Calls are gorgeous!

I trained with Nancy consistently for 6 years. I know every rest stop and Dairy Queen from Knoxville to Olive Branch along I-40 by heart. My school sheep are from her as well as some of my Calls. We worked hard on A course, but my real interest was B course which, unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity on which to expand.

I've attached photos[​IMG]

of a handsome set of Calls we trialed on at Out Run Farm. Would love to own some of this variety in the future.

Thanks for your welcome!

Diane[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by