1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Fehringer Farms!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fehringer Farms, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Fehringer Farms

Fehringer Farms New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    I am not new to chickens or poultry. My husband had birds when I met him 12 years ago and we have continued raising poultry. Right now we have 38 Broad Breasted White Turkeys for Thanksgiving, 150 slow growing broilers (Freedom Rangers), 35 white leghorns, 20 Rhode Island Red roosters, 15 Aracuna hens, 21 Barred Rock hens, 67 Golden Comet hens, 30 Buff Orpingtons, and 5 mixed breed hens & roosters. The turkeys, broilers, and a large percentage of the hens will be leaving our farm in the next few months. We like to maintain a young flock of about 30 hens on the farm year round.
    I have discovered answers to my questions about chickens in the posts on BackYardChickens.com and felt it was time to participate and maybe offer some of my experiences. We also manufacture organic non-soy poultry feeds. We are a small feed mill in Western Nebraska. We serve Nebraska, Colorado, and anywhere that we can get competitive freight rates. We needed a better way to move grains off our organic farm in 2008 when demand dropped off. That is when we started making feed to sell to other people. We have made feed for our own animals for many years. We stay away from grains that have a gmo (genetically modified organism) counterpart to avoid any contamination. We use peas, lentils, wheat, millet, rye, flax, oats, barley, sunflowers, and any other small grain we can come up with that fits the budget. We truly are a family run business. My husband and I farm with his parents and our kids are becoming more active on the farm everyday. If you would like more info on our feeds you can go to www.fehringerfarms.com. My name is Sara and I am looking forward to offering my poultry experiences. Thanks BackYardChickens.com for offering such a great place to disseminate information.

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] And I thought I had a lot of birds!!! We will welcome your experience!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG]

5. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Hi and[​IMG]So glad you joined us!!!![​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup

9. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by