Hi from Florida

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TT, Apr 17, 2008.

1. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    Hi! I recently joined after watching for a while. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. This seems like a true family atmosphere.

When I was growing up we raised anything my Dad could get his hands on. We had chickens, geese, ducks, cows, pigs, horses - we even had peacocks and emus for a while. I have missed having animals around. We finally moved onto our 4 1/2 acres at the end of last year. I am dying to get started on my own coop and have my own chickens.

2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Hello TT!!! [​IMG] Couldn't be more pleased to have you!

Don't worry, if you hang around here long enough, you will have about 800 chickens roaming around your yard, as well as some guineas, and possibly a duck and a goose or two. [​IMG]

Welcome Aboard!!! [​IMG]

3. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Warning-You are entering a restricted area...you will become addicted in a short period of time. Rehab does not, I repeat, does not work.
    Have fun!

4. TT

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks.

I have to admit I am already addicted - I think hubby is in big trouble once I get started [​IMG]

5. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    [​IMG]

Yay! Another victim...err i mean member! [​IMG]

6. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Welcome!!! Keep your eyes open-- I think there are folks hatching plans for a Florida Chickenstock meet soon!!

7. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    HeY TT!!! [​IMG]
    Where about are you in FL?

8. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Words of wisdom from one who wants more chickies, when you build the coop, make it at least twice as big as you think you need.

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Welcome from North Florida This is a terrific group and I know you will love being apart of it Where in Florida are you located. Micki

10. TT

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    I live in Monticello (about 30 minutes east of Tallassee).

suenrob - I was born in Ft Myers and I have an Uncle that still lives there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by