Hi from Germany

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Celair, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Celair

Celair In the Brooder

Mar 18, 2018
    Germany
    Hi BYC, 1) I‘m new to chickens. I got my first chickens last August. I live on an old farm with my fiancé. His family used to have pigs, but stopped keeping animals years ago. We had an old chicken coop just sitting around. After some renovations during the summer

(2) 13 chickens moved in in August.

(3) I wanted to have lots of different coloured eggs and a colourful flock, so I have six different breeds.

(4) BYC helped me a lot when I started to renovate the coop. Especially the idea of using sand in the coop was great. Here in Germany no one uses sand and when I talk to chicken owners, they always think it‘s very strange. But I love it. It‘s easy to clean and thus I haven‘t had problems with mites or other nasties.

(5) My most time consuming hobby is my horse.

(6) I‘m the animal crazy person in the family. We now have a horse, two cats, two geese and thirteen chickens. I love behavioral science and am experimenting with using positive reinforcement to teach my chickens tricks.
    My actual job though, is being an English and History teacher for grades 5-12.

Regards
    Jana

Teila, Spartan22, 007Sean and 7 others like this.
  2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  3. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome to BYC, Jana! Great to have you here!

4. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Hi Jana, it's nice to have you here! What kinds of tricks are you teaching your chickens?

Make yourself at home here, thanks for joining us!

5. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Welcome Wagon.gif
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Is you place starting to look like this?
    advanced chicken math.jpg

6. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    Hey jana. Welcome to BYC! Loads of great advice and tips waiting for you!:frow:welcome

7. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello from UK! Welcome to BYC. I hope you enjoy the site!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So nice to meet you Jana :frow

ronott1, N F C and 007Sean like this.
  9. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Jana:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

N F C likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under Jana :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

007Sean, N F C and ronott1 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: