hi from hernando county florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eriklinds, Sep 29, 2010.

1. eriklinds

eriklinds New Egg

Sep 29, 2010
    I am new to this web site and found it by wanting to know how to change the zoning at my house. I live on two acres in hernando county florida and already built my chicken coop for a couple (3-4) hens that I already picked out. My husband said to be safe and call zoning just to be sure I could have them, I thought he was crazy but did it anyhow and to my surprise I am zoned residential and therefor cannot have chickens. I know they are allowed in backyards all over that are residential like tampa and st. pete. Could somebody help me please.Im willing to do some leg work I just dont know where to start. Thank you:D

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welome to BYC. There's a section above that you can look into regarding changing local laws and ordnances....check it out when you get a chance. Good luck.

3. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina/fla. [​IMG] [​IMG] good luck

4. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Welcome from Eastern Wa. Hope you cankeep your chicks

5. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    From Western Washington State.

7. Carolinda

Carolinda New Egg

Oct 3, 2010
    Hi, I'm brand new to Back Yard Chickens as well, but luckily for me my son has a place in rural Florida where we for sure can keep chickens. I live in Hillsborough County, Florida, and I've just assumed I couldn't have chickens in my sub-division, but I'm thinking now to double check the zoning regulations. First stop for me will be a call to the county zoning office to obtain exactly where it says I can't... Good luck to you!

As for starting my chicken adventure (I haven't kept chickens in decades), my son and I are building a chicken tractor on the frame of a utiltiy trailer. Any hints about how to manage the heat? I have the idea to use deep roof overhangs, walls open at the top and covered by hardware cloth for ventilation, maybe a solar powered vent fan. Wish I could move a good-sized tree around when I move the coop!

I'm happy to be here to learn and eventually share my experiences.

Carolinda

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Good luck

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by