1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi from Hesperia, CA.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by techno chicken, Nov 24, 2010.

1. techno chicken

techno chicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2010
    Hesperia
    Hi all I just joined your group, my family has gotten back into caring for pet chickens it has been 10 yrs or so I posted pics in my page portion check it out, we have 6 cute hens and one sweet silkie rooster all are about 3 to 6 months and just started laying the most tasty mini eggs. We are looking to get some more bantam sized hens in the future.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am in Hesperia as well (a few of us BYC'ers are from here!). Your chickens are cute!

3. techno chicken

Nov 24, 2010
    Hesperia
    thanks for the eggciting welcome [​IMG] ha ha we are near the airport

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi from western Kentucky, techno chicken! Nice to make your acquaintance. [​IMG]

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    hello from Hesperia, Ca Too [​IMG] [​IMG] HEY, im near the airport too, on santa fe by the RR tracks

6. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Apparently the airport is a popular spot! We are between Ranchero and the RR tracks on the west side of the airport (about a 1/2 mi from the aqueduct and a hair less than 1 mi birds-eye flight from the airport).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. techno chicken

Nov 24, 2010
    Hesperia
    hey cool! I can see the airport on the left from the top of my street/ santa fe and see the giant chicken farm to the right

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:i can see the water tanks near the RR Tracks just to the south of where i am in santa fe

9. BarkerChickens

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    We are all within 2 miles of each other. The chicken ranch is about a 1/4 mi N of the water tanks, which are about 1.9 mi and 1.5 mi NE of me, respectively. DebiRaymond on here lives in our general area...well, within a 10-15 min drive or so. We did a chickenstock (BYC get together) a little while ago, but generally we go down the hill for it. I think we are getting enough HD folks (some in Phelan, Ridgecrest, Inyokern, etc) that we should plan one up here!

Also, there is a SoCal people thread here. It's about 3 years going!

edited my typo [​IMG]

10. techno chicken

Nov 24, 2010
    Hesperia
    Quote:Thanks every one for the warm welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by