Hi From Huntsville,Al

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ladysassa07, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ladysassa07

Ladysassa07 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2009
    I want to say I am not technically a new member but lets say a back again member....

I found this group when my love for poultry really bloomed....I lived way out in the country and I worked from home so I had some fun on here and even got to trade some of MY eggs...whew it felt so good like a proud mama to pack those eggs [​IMG]

I had several breeds and so many sweet special pets that ate out of my hand..My day was filled with riding my horses...watching the antics of my guineas and all the life around me..

My husband had been on his job for 10 years and we had not even talked about moving we lived where it was nothing but family for 2000 acres....

My husband called one morning and told me he had a job offer in North Alabama.6 Hours from home....I had just got my first ducks to hatch that morning after three trys in the incubator...I was in shock...

He needed to take the job to further his career and I needed to smile and I had three weeks to find homes for well over 100 birds and my horses.....my rabbits everything....I can say I was super blessed and found homes for each one...I even found a home for an 18 yr old poodle that about broke my heart but we was renting an Apartment for a while and only two pets..... it was only fair that my husband picked one and I picked one....

I had about all I could take my first spring without my garden.....My flower beds gone...my birds gone.....I remember looking at Russell one Saturday morning and I sat up and said....take me home now....he drove me 6 hours right them.I walked into my neighbors house and said....quick....I need a real tomato and an egg that slid out a chickens butt this morning LOL

I am so glad to say that Hubby bought me a house in October and I have a yard again....So I am going to be able to have a little coup and a few very spoiled girls and soooo have to have something to crow in the morning [​IMG]

I am going to be able to hatch them in about a month just to make sure the cold is gone we have had a rough winter....I know I am going to hatch them....I so would not miss doing that for the world and saved my incubator....I want some beautiful silkies and then I would soooooo love some Lavender Orps...

I am so glad to be back.....I will be looking and looking before I order my eggs LOL I may change my mind but I really want to hatch two breeds I love....and get some really nice nice birds if I can only have a few......my husband said a dozen.....I can sell extra I think if I hatch too many.....Ohhhhhh I do love Giant Cochins they are just soooo sweet as well.....

If you could just have two breeds 6 of each.....one fun and one for eggs....What would you pick ?

Michelle

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG] or I should say welcome back!

3. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome Back. [​IMG] I enjoyed reading your story and I'm glad you've been able to get chickens again. [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and welcome back from a cold and snowy Ohio. If I could only have six birds [​IMG] I would have to have six birds of different breeds. [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome back to BYC.

6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Welcome back from Ohio [​IMG]

Edit to say, missed that question - 6 for eggs, Golden Comets, 6 for fun Easter Eggers. Those would be my picks, those are what i have, but only four each and four pullets of questionable parentage - in other word Mutts, Mutts are a breed too aren't they? [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG] back

8. nathanbrown

nathanbrown ^Nasty Spammer

Feb 2, 2011
    Broklyn, NY
    Hi, I'm new here from Cleveland!

9. K9Carrie

K9Carrie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Lodi, California
    Hi and welcome back! [​IMG] If I were to pick two I would pick either Salmon Favorelle or Barnvelders for chickens and I just couldn't imagine not having my Call Ducks!! [​IMG]

10. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] from SW Ohio!!
    Gosh if I had to only pick 2 that would be really hard but I would
    say silkies and serama. My fave!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by