Hi from Illinois!

sampson623

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 3, 2014
Im a newbie to this website after a few months of reading around I decided to make an account!

I am Jordan, Landon (sobek94's) younger, and smarter ;), brother.

I want to thank Mary (some know her as other mary) for her gift of a rooster and two hens! They are so fun to watch!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I will definitely ask if I come up with any questions. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. It was very nice of Mary to give you those three birds, but you might want to get some more hens to go with that rooster. The recommended ratio of roosters to hens is 1 rooster for every 10 hens. As he matures, your rooster will likely become very hard on those two hens physically; over-breeding them, biting and plucking the feathers from their necks and backs, battering them, and potentially, seriously injuring them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens did Mary give you?

Mary gave us 3 icelandics and they are all very beautiful. The rooster has red feathers that look just awesome. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow but if you cant wait my brother has some on his account (sobek94)

Mary gave us 3 icelandics and they are all very beautiful. The rooster has red feathers that look just awesome. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow but if you cant wait my brother has some on his account (sobek94)

Oooh, I'm envious of your birds. You definitely want to get some more Icelandic hens to go with that rooster. Icelandics are a rare and valuable breed and you can start a breeding pool for them. Good luck with your Icelandics.

frow.gif
Jordan, glad you joined the flock
yesss.gif
. Other Mary is a very fine person, you can usually find her posts on "Stellas's Social Club." and the "Icelandics" thread

Hi Jordan, younger and smarter brother to Landon
tongue.png

Glad to have you here, would love to see pictures of your birds!

Back
Top Bottom