Hi from Indiana

packmomma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Argos, IN
Hello, This site is awesome! My name is Eileen and I'm from northern indiana. I have two boys ages 7 and 8, a husband who isnt into this chicken raising thing (or so he says), a rescue dog, 7 cats, and an eclectus parrot.

I decided mainly to raise chickens because we are going through a lot of eggs and chicky poop is good for gardens. My parents had chickens and I used to love going into the coop and playing with them. I know they will bring me much joy along with serve a great need in our family.

I havent gotten my chicks yet. I have to go on a mission trip to TX in a week and its still cold. When I get back I will order my chicks. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I have my box ready for them already even though it will be at least 3 weeks before they would even come. I'm going to start working on my coop. I will have 8 chicks if all goes well. I am starting out with 2 Araucanas, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Isa Browns, and 2 Buff Orpingtons. I will keep you posted on when my chicks come. I cant wait!!

welcome-byc.gif
From La Porte, IN

frow.gif
Welcome from Florida! My DH isn't keen on chickens, either; I'm "supposed" to keep them at my mom's across town (Ha!
lol.png
).

Back
Top Bottom