Hi from Kansas City, MO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Montanomom3, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Montanomom3

Montanomom3 Songster

Apr 8, 2019
    Hi! New here from Kansas City, MO. I have one bantam Easter Egger, Chicken Little she is almost 6 years old! We had 4 other chickens from when we got her as a chick but they have all since passed but she is still kicking and laying eggs like a champ! I figure she’s probably lonely so i got an incubator and just hatched 6 baby chicks. I have 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Black Autralorp, and 1 Barred Rock. I am currently incubating my second set of chicks as well. 4 Black Copper Marans, 3 Bielefelders, and 3 Silver Lakenvelders. I am so excited to get started. My husband and i would love to start our own little homestead with our 3 kiddos. I am so excited to meet everyone and make some amazing friends here!

2. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    Welcome to BYC! We're so glad you joined!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the pulse beat of the chicken community - BACKYARD CHICKENS :ya:ya

4. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

5. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined us! Good luck with your chick's and hatching out more! Hatching can be fun, but it's also addicting! ;)

6. Montanomom3

Montanomom3 Songster

Apr 8, 2019
    Thank you! Def is all of the above and my kids are loving it!

7. Montanomom3

Montanomom3 Songster

Apr 8, 2019
    Thank you everyone!

8. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    I have 12 new chick's in my brooder right now that I just hatched, plus more in the incubator. The chicks that are in my brooder are all Naked Neck's from my flock, except for 2 silkies.

9. FlappyFeathers

FlappyFeathers Crossing the Road

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    -byc-chickie.png
    Congratulations on your successful hatch and best wishes with your next incubation! Do you have a plan for the cockerels? I would try to get those chicks integrated with your older hen a soon as possible so she's not overwhelmed later on when they get bigger. I was down to a single hen last year when I added new chicks. They were fully integrated by 4-5 weeks old... less stressful for everyone. She's still the odd one out occasionally, but everyone gets along great.
    Integrating at 4 weeks old
    Coop Brooder and Integration

10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: