Hi from Lancs, UK

Cazzy

In the Brooder
Jan 5, 2017
Hi there, I have 13 chickens of various kinds, mainly Bantam types. I have Pekins, leghorns, a wyandotte and to OEGs. I also have two Pekin cockrels. They're great entertainment and currently live at the bottom of the garden :)

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I thought fairies lived at the bottom of the garden
idunno.gif
(although noting where you live, I'd have thought ducks may have been a better choice
big_smile.png
)

There's a UK thread, should you wish to join - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/890

All the best
CT

Hi Cazzy and welcome from me too.

I also have pekins and leghorns. How are your leghorns coping with the bird flu lockdown? Mine are used to free ranging and they have been very frustrated at being confined...fighting with each other and any other chicken foolish enough to look at them the wrong way. Thankfully the pekins and my other birds are taking confinement much better but I still feel horrendously bad keeping them locked up.

What colour pekins and leghorns do you have. I've got mostly lavender pekins and exchequer leghorns but wanting to breed some different colours this year.

Are you getting many eggs at the moment? My pullets from last year have just come into lay and one or two of the older girls have just started back up after moult, so things are starting to pick up.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello from a fellow Brit and encourage you to join one of our UK threads.

Best wishes

Barbara

Last edited:
Hi again Barbara :)

I have a lavender cockerel and a red/green cockerel. The hens are varying combinations of brown and white :)

I have one grey leghorn and two black ones.

The whole of the flock is bored senseless - I usually let them out to sunbathe and scratch the garden. On Pekin is stessed by the lack of light and now has bronchitis :( I've added loads of veg for them to chase to avoid lots of pecking at each other, but even this is starting to wear thin! The leghorns are the main cause of the chaos, but the Pekins are recieving the abuse as they dont fight back :/

Hopefully it will all be over soon and they can go back to their regular levels of mischief and destruction...

Claire

G’Day from down under Cazzy
wink.png
Welcome!

I have a couple of Pekins and I adore them .. the world needs more Pekins!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly [obviously quirky
wink.png
] and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom