Hi from Lancs, UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cazzy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Cazzy

Cazzy Just Hatched

Jan 5, 2017
    Hi there, I have 13 chickens of various kinds, mainly Bantam types. I have Pekins, leghorns, a wyandotte and to OEGs. I also have two Pekin cockrels. They're great entertainment and currently live at the bottom of the garden :)

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Cazzy thanks for joining us! (Don't mind @CTKen we sure don't!)

1 person likes this.
  4. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Hi Cazzy and welcome from me too.

I also have pekins and leghorns. How are your leghorns coping with the bird flu lockdown? Mine are used to free ranging and they have been very frustrated at being confined...fighting with each other and any other chicken foolish enough to look at them the wrong way. Thankfully the pekins and my other birds are taking confinement much better but I still feel horrendously bad keeping them locked up.

What colour pekins and leghorns do you have. I've got mostly lavender pekins and exchequer leghorns but wanting to breed some different colours this year.

Are you getting many eggs at the moment? My pullets from last year have just come into lay and one or two of the older girls have just started back up after moult, so things are starting to pick up.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello from a fellow Brit and encourage you to join one of our UK threads.

Best wishes

Barbara

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  5. Cazzy

Cazzy Just Hatched

Jan 5, 2017
    Hi again Barbara :)

I have a lavender cockerel and a red/green cockerel. The hens are varying combinations of brown and white :)

I have one grey leghorn and two black ones.

The whole of the flock is bored senseless - I usually let them out to sunbathe and scratch the garden. On Pekin is stessed by the lack of light and now has bronchitis :( I've added loads of veg for them to chase to avoid lots of pecking at each other, but even this is starting to wear thin! The leghorns are the main cause of the chaos, but the Pekins are recieving the abuse as they dont fight back :/

Hopefully it will all be over soon and they can go back to their regular levels of mischief and destruction...

Claire

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Cazzy, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :weee

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Beware of CTKen and company.

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    I think some of the "company" you're warning against might be you & me sour, lol.

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Cazzy [​IMG] Welcome!

I have a couple of Pekins and I adore them .. the world needs more Pekins!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly [obviously quirky [​IMG]] and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by