Hi from London!!!!

dmarra81

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2016
Hi all,
I was given a chick by my cousin as he's a caretaker of a block of flats!!
He found her(I'm hoping it's a she) walking around and was worried that a fox might hurt her, so he brought her to me, I absolutely love her and am hoping that I am going to get some lovely eggs from her.
But I do have a few questions, first how do I find out how old she is, and how do I find out if she's a girl for sure......and lastly where can I get a friend for her as I would love a rescue chick.

Thank you guys, I love that there is a place like this around.

Daniela x

Hi all,
I was given a chick by my cousin as he's a caretaker of a block of flats!!
He found her(I'm hoping it's a she) walking around and was worried that a fox might hurt her, so he brought her to me, I absolutely love her and am hoping that I am going to get some lovely eggs from her.
But I do have a few questions, first how do I find out how old she is, and how do I find out if she's a girl for sure......and lastly where can I get a friend for her as I would love a rescue chick.

Thank you guys, I love that there is a place like this around.

Daniela x

Hi there! There are many people on here with a great knowledge for chickens. Post a pic and I'm sure someone will be able to help it the sex of it.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
If you post a picture, I'm sure people will give you a good estimate of her age. You probably won't be able to be completely sure that she's a girl until she gets a little older. And I'm sure she would love a friend too!
smile.png
You could always check with some local animal rescues to see if they have any chickens, or check on Craigslist (or a similar site), where there are usually chickens who need to be rehomed. Good luck and thanks for joining us!

Sorry everyone i meant to post a pic and forgot, also i wondered if anyone could tell me what type of chicken i have?

Thank you

Daniela x

Hi :welcome Daniela from Yorkshire!

Glad you could join us here! I have to agree that you have a silkie there and it does look to be very cockerel like. Still young and not fully mature yet. I'm guessing he may have been dumped because of his gender. I'm afraid this does happen as boys are often unwanted.

Please do pop by the UK thread to Hello ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/0_30
Some of our members there maybe able to help you locate hens to go with him.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC

Back
Top Bottom