Hi from Louisiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bogielousa, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bogielousa

bogielousa Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    The Swamp
    Hi! I've been reading this site for months, learning a few things here and there but wandered on over here again just recently looking at duck information as I try to figure out if my little ducklings are male or female and if I really have a Magpie or an Ancona (he's white and blackish green/ but looks more like a magpie with green bill but I haven't found any info on whether a magpie can be green)

Eventually chickens will be added to my little menagerie (probably next spring) and figured I probably should go ahead and join the forum because I'm gonna need tips on building a chicken tractor [​IMG]

My little farm consists of horses, dogs, goats, cats, and recently 10 little rapidly growing ducklings (when are they officially 'ducks'? I'll have to figure that one out [​IMG]) Chickens are next on the 'grow the farm' schedule and eventually sheep and a cow or two (hopefully mini cows [​IMG] So I don't end up running out of room [​IMG])

2. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello bogielousa! Welcome to BYC,.. I don't know much about ducks,. except that they are really cute,.. but there is a ton of info on BYC to help you and you will find some other duck owners at our Louisiana thread,.. come join us! that is IF you're from Bogalusa???? just guessing from the name?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=160883&p=386

I'm in Lacombe [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. bogielousa

bogielousa Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    The Swamp
    Actually, I'm not from Bogalusa, lol, though I do laugh when people ask because it was a play on words that started with the town's name. I'm on the SW side of the state, just a bit south of Crowley [​IMG] between two smaller towns, one of which is the duck capital [​IMG] but most people recognize Crowley before they recognize Gueydan so I usually use Crowley as a reference point, lol.

Bogielousa is the nickname my dad calls my dog Bogie, lol. He's spotted KINDA like an appaloosa horse, (blue merle aussie) but I like the name so much because of the Louisiana reference that I kept it, hehe. The name travels with me because I got the ducks specifically to teach eventually the dogs, more specifically Bogie, to work ducks so that we can maybe do some herding dog trials [​IMG] and once they accomplish that they'll retire to my pond as pretty ornaments [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I would post this question on the Duck section. [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
  9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Aussies are a great breed, aren't they? I had one as a teenager, & she was very easily trained to herd my grandmother's ducks & it was something she loved doing. Good luck with your ducklings & with teaching Bogie to herd [​IMG]

10. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by