Hi from Lutz, Florida!

southerngirl76

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
Lutz, FL
I'm a first time chicken owner and I'm already completely in love with my girls. I have a Barred Rock, a Rhode Island Red, and three Easter Eggers. I've been getting my first eggs this past week from my Barred Rock (Roxanne) and I couldn't be more thrilled! I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. I'll need all the help I can get!

~Bambi

Hello from Kansas, Bambi, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Good luck to you and your flock!

Hi. I am a new chicken owner (4 months) but just lost both easter eggers to possums. I am replacing them with 2 more easter eggers but my kids want two more of different breeds. Do all yours get along? Are they friendly to you? My two chickens were like dogs, they would follow me around the yard and want to get petted.
Lisa from Parkland Fl

Hi. I am a new chicken owner (4 months) but just lost both easter eggers to possums. I am replacing them with 2 more easter eggers but my kids want two more of different breeds. Do all yours get along? Are they friendly to you? My two chickens were like dogs, they would follow me around the yard and want to get petted.
Lisa from Parkland Fl
Hi, Lisa! I raised mine together since they were newly hatched chicks and they have always gotten along. One of the three Easter Eggers is pretty flighty(the one in my avatar), but none of them are mean. Two will run up to me for attention, the other...well, she's special. I'm hoping she gets more affectionate when she starts laying.
smile.png
I've had no problems with a mixed flock. I hope it works out for you!

Back
Top Bottom