Hi from Mableton GA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Amanda941, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Amanda941

Amanda941 Hatching

Jul 26, 2013
    Mableton, GA
    Hello all! I am happy to be a new member here with all of you! I live in Mableton GA with my husband and we currently have six pet chickens in our backyard flock. We started out about 12 years ago with eleven baby chicks that we ordered from Ideal Poultry. Over the years most of our girls passed away, and we were left with just two hens. So sad when there were so many to start with. These two are the best of friends though, and such sweet and funny girls.

I decided back in April that I really wanted to add a few hens to our dwindling little group. I knew it might be difficult. I mean after all, the two girls we had were pretty much grumpy old ladies by then, but we just had to give it a shot. This time we bought from a feed store.

So fast forward three or four months and what we have now are two grumpy old ladies, a Leghorn and a Buff Orphington hen... and yes... TWO ROOSTERS! Agggh! Lol! The Easter Egger is just beautiful, but he crows constantly. Not good for Cobb County code. The Buff Orphington is sweet as pie and I love him to pieces... but again .. the crowing. Not sure what to do with these boys now. They are beloved pets, and I hate to give them up... but I don't want Cobb County knocking on my door either. Sometimes it's so hard to be a chicken mom!

We recently build a new coop for the chickes too. It turned out really well. I'll post pics of the family and coop later on. Nice to be here and thanks for having me!

~Mandi

[​IMG]
    Minni - Buff Orphington Roo. This guy is such a gentleman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is Pumpkin. He is an Easter Egger Roo. This one has quite the voice!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  2. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Songster 5 Years

Jul 22, 2013
    Kansas
    Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear you'l be re-homing your roosters (might try CraigsList). I'm so thankfully I live in the country lol

3. Amanda941

Amanda941 Hatching

Jul 26, 2013
    Mableton, GA
    Ummm... I'm thinking of going house hunting! Lol! I wish I lived somewhere with a little more space. It's NOT easy to rehome a Roo! :)

4. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Songster 5 Years

Jul 22, 2013
    Kansas
    Well there is nothing better than country living. I can't stand going to the city for any reason [​IMG], I tried living in a small town for a year NOPE, even that was too much.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Amanda941, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best of luck to you and your flock!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 9 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. Amanda941

Amanda941 Hatching