Hi from Massachusetts

Zacman

Hatching
Jun 16, 2017
Hi guys, my name is Zack and I live in Massachusetts. I'm in the process of starting Mustard Seed Microfarm, which will be a urban demonstration farm. I was in the process of getting some hens, but because I only have a half acre lot, I need a special permit to keep them. ($200 just for the application).

I checked and rechecked the bylaws, and there is no mention of quail. Looks like I'm gonna be raising quail. I'm only interested in eggs not meat, so I will only be raising females. Any other quail people out there?

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Hi guys, my name is Zack and I live in Massachusetts. I'm in the process of starting Mustard Seed Microfarm, which will be a urban demonstration farm. I was in the process of getting some hens, but because I only have a half acre lot, I need a special permit to keep them. ($200 just for the application).

I checked and rechecked the bylaws, and there is no mention of quail. Looks like I'm gonna be raising quail. I'm only interested in eggs not meat, so I will only be raising females. Any other quail people out there?
Welcome to BYC!
There is a sub-forum here for quail:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/quail.48/
Looks to be fairly active, check it out.

Top Bottom