1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hi from Michigan :-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mggeggs, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mggeggs

mggeggs Hatching

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm a new member today, I've been lurking around now and then reading articles and questions here and there and decided it was time to join up. I just started with chickens when I got 10 chicks in February (5 Leghorns and 5 ISA's). They are all laying now and doing well. My husband felt there were too many girls and added a rooster to the flock a few months ago. They all seem to get along well, but the rooster might find himself to be dinner one day soon if he tries to jump me anymore when I take them some food! Anyway, I look forward to meeting other chicken folks and learning more about chicken life.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, mggeggs, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck with that aggressive rooster. I'm with you - he calms down or it's the crockpot for him - no place for a mean rooster! Best wishes!

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Crowing Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Your husband wanted a rooster let him take feed to them and see how things go.

5. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I agree with drumstick diva.

6. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Songster

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]Hi [​IMG]

7. mggeggs

mggeggs Hatching

Jul 24, 2013
    Thanks all for the welcomes, I've taken them a treat or two, and I do love using the "rooster excuse" to get him to do most of the work now. We'll see how it goes...there is a dairy farm with a bunch of other animals nearby where a friend has secretly dropped off one of her aggressive roosters, so maybe that might save him from the stew if he doesn't shape up!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by