Hi from Mid Missouri!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by andyandeye, Mar 10, 2016.

1. andyandeye

andyandeye New Egg

Mar 10, 2016
    Hello All. My husband found this site a few months back and I am just now catching up. We are new chicken people and loving it. We started our Alpaca farm 3 years ago and got chickens almost 2 years ago.

After many trials and worry we finally have a healthy group of hens and one Roo. The king of the roost is a beautiful Road Island Red. We have one RIR hen left and 9 Buff Orpingtons. We are getting about 3 - 7 eggs a day. Depending on the weather.

Last night we had our very first baby chick hatch in the incubator. We started with 5 in there. Only 2 grew, and so far only one has hatched. It is so much fun to watch it. Though our indoor dogs are freaking out at the peeping.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to ya'll!!

Eye

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

If you haven't already done so, check out the Learning Center for some helpful articles. There's a section of it devoted to incubating and hatching eggs.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard.

In addition to the learning centre, joining your state thread will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by