Hi from Minneapolis!

L.D.Sewell

Chirping
Nov 18, 2017

Hello Everyone,

My name is L.D.Sewell and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can here and sharing with you how it all turns out along the way.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

• Yes and No... I grew up on a farm where we raised chickens and other livestock - and most of my family members also had chickens for laying (and more or less as pets). But that was all many, many moons ago - so personally for me, I guess I would have to say this is going to be a complete learning experience from the ground up.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

• Exactly 0 - but hoping to fix that soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?

• Trying to decide which to get....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

• I have heard of it before but I was doing research for my business on Feverbee and they mentioned it - so they are the most recent place anyway.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

• Kayaking (any kind of small boats), hiking and just walking, and I have an interest in aviation though not active in it at the moment - but I thinking of taking hang gliding classes. I am also trying to get into gardening and am interested in most homesteading topics among other things. And I love to read.. right now I average about two books per week. I also have a 1999 Dodge Ram that has become a hobby as I rebuild and fix it up - and that has been a lot of fun lately too.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

• My wife and I own a home on about 2 acres (a little less than that but close!) out in the country a bit but still close enough to three different cities and between two lakes so water is always a short drive away. My wife and I work together and teach online courses, write, create, develop and publish our own products and we are building an online retail business on multiple platforms at the moment. I am looking forward to learning a lot here and hoping to share some of my experiences along the journey too.

Hello Everyone,

My name is L.D.Sewell and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can here and sharing with you how it all turns out along the way.

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

• Yes and No... I grew up on a farm where we raised chickens and other livestock - and most of my family members also had chickens for laying (and more or less as pets). But that was all many, many moons ago - so personally for me, I guess I would have to say this is going to be a complete learning experience from the ground up.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

• Exactly 0 - but hoping to fix that soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?

• Trying to decide which to get....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

• I have heard of it before but I was doing research for my business on Feverbee and they mentioned it - so they are the most recent place anyway.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

• Kayaking (any kind of small boats), hiking and just walking, and I have an interest in aviation though not active in it at the moment - but I thinking of taking hang gliding classes. I am also trying to get into gardening and am interested in most homesteading topics among other things. And I love to read.. right now I average about two books per week. I also have a 1999 Dodge Ram that has become a hobby as I rebuild and fix it up - and that has been a lot of fun lately too.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

• My wife and I own a home on about 2 acres (a little less than that but close!) out in the country a bit but still close enough to three different cities and between two lakes so water is always a short drive away. My wife and I work together and teach online courses, write, create, develop and publish our own products and we are building an online retail business on multiple platforms at the moment. I am looking forward to learning a lot here and hoping to share some of my experiences along the journey too.

Nice to meet you glad you joined Backyard Chickens I live in Mossyrock, Washington State

Hi and welcome to BYC.

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

Back
Top Bottom