Hi from Natalie in the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by natschicks, Oct 7, 2016.

1. natschicks

natschicks Just Hatched

Oct 6, 2016
    Daventry uk
    Hi there
    I am Natalie from the UK and I am new to chickens.
    Just got a lone baby Polish from a friend whose hen disappeared and have been raising him/her for a weeks now. My son named it Kylo Ren LOL

I felt bad about him being on his own so I sourced a couple of Light Sussex to join us also :) Ibe named them Rosemary & Thyme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    [​IMG] from across the pond in Kansas!!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Natalie and welcome to BYC - congrats on your new little flock. It was a good idea to get him some pals.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining the UK thread - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/890 - great bunch (although I may be a little partisan, since I am from Blighty also [​IMG])

All the best
    CT

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Natalie, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community! Good luck with your three chicks! :)

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi Natalie and [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! I love your chicks- ADORABLE!!!!
    Have a wonderful time on here! [​IMG]

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! You can tell your son he is not alone in naming his chickens after Star Wars! I have Kylo, Rey, Leia, Finn, and Darth. I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    WELCOME!!!!!

8. natschicks

natschicks Just Hatched

Oct 6, 2016
    Daventry uk
    LOL that's great. Josh just asked if we could name them Rey and Finn :)

I'm exhausted. Ren is a really spoilt chick as I had that one first at 12 hrs old as his mum disappeared and hes really seemed to have bonded to me. He likes his brooder friends now but he cheep so loudly for me.

Been doing tough love today and ignoring him, he's staring to quieten down at last.

All eating well. Ren and the small Sussex have fab tail Feathers coming through but the big Sussex has no tail Feathers. Is that normal?

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Natalie, welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. So glad you joined us [​IMG]

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by